Romania is home to six terrestrial ecoregions: Balkan mixed forests, Central European mixed forests, East European forest steppe, Pannonian mixed forests, Carpathian montane conifer forests, and Pontic steppe.
Our Dark Romania is our comprehensive road trip through the often mysterious lands of Romania tour. We’ll take you to the most important places in the story of Nicolae Ceaușescu, the former Communist dictator of Romania whose trial and execution were shown on TV around the world during the Christmas of 1989. From the place of his birth and the abandoned prison he was locked up in as a young man, to the site of his execution and the places of some of the most brutal experiments conducted under Communism. We’ll also explore the significantly eerie sights of the country from haunted forests to Dracula’s castle!
€545 per person
- Visit the haunted forest of Hoia-Baciu, known as ‘’the Bermuda triangle of Romania
- Tour the opulent palace of the Ceacescu family complete with gold bathrooms and gifts from Brezhnev and Mao!
- Visit the eerie Dracula’s castle
- Enjoy some urbex in a huge abandoned prison known as ‘’the Romanian Bastille’’
Inclusions and Exclusions
Tour price inclusion:
- Private, comfortable Transport
- All accommodation
- All local tours and admission fees
Tour price exclusion:
- Single Supplement (€75)
- Visa Fees (if applicable)
- Food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal expenses