Whilst part of the Union, the cuisine of Byelorussia consisted mainly of vegetables, meat (particularly pork), and bread. Foods are usually either slowly cooked or stewed.
Belarus, a very closed off country until recently, now has a handy 30-day visa-free entry for a vast number of countries provided you enter and exit via Minsk airport. We offer an unbeatable and affordable tour package of this incredible country that few people ever visit. Belarus is a country that has been described as the last corner of the Soviet Union, and this is no exaggeration!
Soviet Wastelands have been working in Belarus for a number of years and have fine-tuned our adventures in the country. On our Soviet Belarus tour, we visit Soviet military Disneylands, Lenin monument workshops, mega dump truck factories, and infamous WW2 battle sites among other things!
From 795 per person
- See decades of Soviet military history in place and have the rare chance to fire heavy weapons of the Soviet era
- Explore the bunker complex of the former Stalin Line that was the first line of defense in the USSR and the scene of brutal combat during the early days of WW2
- Explore the war-ravaged Brest Fortress and the Soviet monuments inside
- Gain access into the workshop of a master sculptor of Lenin monuments
Inclusions and Exclusions
Tour price inclusion:
- All accommodation in twin-share hotels#
- All transport as per itinerary
- 24-hour services of a bilingual, YPT tour leader and local English speaking tour guides
- All admission fees
- All breakfasts
Tour price exclusion:
- Travel insurance
- Pre-tour accommodation (€40)
- Lunches and dinners
- Personal expenses such as souvenirs etc.